Is It "Fact" or "Fiction" Coronavirus Information?
More good information is also available at:
The Peninsula Daily News works to make the latest Coronavirus information for the region available.
Difficulty coping? CALL THE CRISIS HOTLINE at 1-888-910-0416.
Other Good Things To Know
- Map Your Neighborhood Info and Handouts
- Emergency Assessment Matrix
- Disaster Preparedness Calendar (4 pages)
- Jefferson County Department of Emergency Management
- NIXLE – Emergency Management Services
- Local 20/20 – Emergency Preparedness Resources
- American Red Cross, Northwest Regional chapter
- P.U.D. – Jefferson County Public Utility District
- Jefferson County Public Health
- Jefferson Co. Public Health Facebook
- Am I Using the Right Disinfectant?
- Making Your Own Face-mask
- Port Townsend Inundation Animation
- Tsunami Wave Simulation for Washington State
- DNR Geological Hazard Maps – includes evacuation maps
Our Aims and Goals
Our aim is to share vital information, gathered in partnership with pubic and private agencies, and vetted reports from volunteer field reporters operating within our Oly-Comm framework.
Gathering Information During Times of Communication Disruption
In times of distress the public turns to its local media outlets for important information. That makes us having such information vital! Adequate planning dictates multiple sources of information from which to glean the most accurate and helpful facts. This is why Radio of Hope has developed several means of information input.
- We have a direct, low-band, two-way radio connection with the Jefferson County Emergency Operations Center and KPTZ 91.9 FM.
- In cooperation with KPTZ (Port Townsend is fortunate to have two local stations) we help to provide a microwave radio backbone supporting full-duplex voice communications between both stations, the Main, and the Alternate EOC in Jefferson County. Operating from the KROH 91.1 FM transmission site (2081' elevation) near Discovery Bay the microwave system hub is independent of landline, cellphone and commercial electricity services.
- To be installed in the near future, we will also be hosting a business band radio repeating system at our FM site for dedicated use by KPTZ staffers. Cooperation among fellow media operatives, during times of disaster, is a hall-mark of American Broadcasting.
- Finally, Radio of Hope has developed a local and regional two-way radio system capable of operation during times of distress and uncertainty. Our three repeater-systems are operational and, with the assistance of the First Federal Community Grant system, additional equipment has being added to expand and harden our capability to gather information and support more activities. Full Details are here.
What About Electricity?
Our FM transmitter site is equipped with UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) units and a stand-by generator with 400 gallons of LP fuel stored on site. Our Uptown studio is located in rented space at the Better Living Center, at the intersection of Franklin and Pierce streets, with UPS capacity, a similar generator and 300 gallons of LP fuel. The Uptown studio also shares limited A/C power, and LP fuel, with an on-site kitchen for community use when needed.