The Bible opens up our vision to the spiritual warfare that it is taking place on this earth. This warfare, which began in heaven between the angel Lucifer and the later-Incarnate Jesus, was carried to this earth. Lucifer, now known as Satan, deceived earth's first inhabitants, Adam and Eve, and got them to mistrust God. As a result of their sin, the entire human race inherited a sinful nature that results in eternal death.
However, because of His great love for us, Jesus, God's only begotten son (who has always existed, thoughout eternity, but is now recognized as "begotten" as He became part of mankind in a special way), took on human flesh and lived among us to reveal God's true character of unconditional love. Furthermore, Jesus, although He never sinned, paid the penalty for our sins by dying on a cross and tasting what it is like to be eternally separated from God our Father. The good news is that Jesus died that death for all of us. Not only that, but He also lived a perfect life for all of us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." What amazing love! Truly, Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We will never be good enough to be saved, on our own, and no one ever will. We are all saved by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. The Bible calls this righteousness by faith. It may be surprising to note that there will be people in God’s kingdom who never had the opportunity to formally hear about Jesus in this life. God is fair, and as the only One who can read the heart, He knows how much light has been available in a person's life and what their response would have been had they been given or exposed to more light.
|When, at last, they are in the Everlasting Kingdom, they will be able to hear what Jesus did for them, to see the scars in His hands and feet, and be able to thank Him for what He has done for them. If some of these thoughts and concepts are new to you, or perhaps seem familiar, but new in depth or application, please take advantage of any of the following opportunities that address your interests:
1). Study with another person or group of people—click here to find the Seventh-day Adventist church near you and give the pastor a call.
2) Study on line from any of the following web sites:
3) Have you ever wondered when events mentioned in the Bible occured, how they inter-related and also relate to us today? Gain additional insight by viewing the history of the world from a Biblical perspective at timeline.biblehistory.com.
4) Do numbers mentioned in the Holy Bible have special meaning or significance? Discover interesting facts about that topic and a whole lot more here.
5) Opinions abound whenever the discussion turns to issues like Mary the mother of Jesus, life after death, Heaven and Hell. Study for yourself and KNOW. Mary Truth, Hell Truth.com, Truth about Death, Bible Truth, Sabbath Truth, Is Heaven for Real, Ten Commandment Facts, Revelation Mystery, Ghost Truth, Bible Prophecy Truth, 666 Truth, Most Amazing Prophecies, Final Events.
6) Study by mail by ordering study guides from Voice of Prophecy Free Bible Guides or calling toll free 1-877-955-2525. You may request either the Discover Bible series, the Focus on Prophecy series or one of several other series including Native New Day, written BY natives FOR Natives, The Shema Israel Bible course for people with Jewish heritage or online lessons in more than 40 languages available from Afrikaans to Vietnamese.
It is true that "in the multitude of counsellors there is safety". As additional, study resources are available on the Internet Radio of Hope is pleased to provide links to such material. You are invited to consider visiting other web sites for continued Biblical exposition.
7) Lifestyle choices can be difficult to recognize and even more difficult to make. This is especially so when political-correctness works against truth. Struggling with some of your choices? Investigate further here.
Additional links on this topic:
Additional links on this topic: